If you are enrolled for Jobkeeper payments you’ve undoubtably received a text from the ATO about May reporting so we thought we would clarify what that’s all about..
Each month you must complete a business monthly declaration to keep claiming JobKeeper payments. You must do this in the first 14 days after the month you are claiming for. Your tax or BAS agent can also make the business monthly declaration for you.
The reporting is to re-confirm the business participant details and your eligible employees. You will also need to provide information about your GST turnover for the reported month and projected GST turnover for the following month.
The information you provide is not to re-test of your eligibility, it only so the ATO can monitor how business is progressing under the JobKeeper Payment scheme.
If any of your eligible employees change or leave your employment, you will need to update this employee information through your monthly declaration.
Before you make your declaration
- Make sure you have worked out your current and next month’s projected GST turnover.
- Make sure you have paid each eligible employee at least $1,500 (before tax) for each JobKeeper fortnight you are claiming for.
- If you need to make changes to your eligible employees, use the same method you used in Step 2 – Identify your eligible employees:
- Make the changes in your STP pay event report and lodge and allow three days for the changes to process.
- Lodge an updated JobKeeper report using the Business Portal File transfer function and allow three days for the report to process.
- Have any updates to your eligible employees’ information ready to enter into the Business Portal.