- they are very important for setting the long-term direction of your company
- they form a framework for decision making when you are constructing your business planning
- they are a framework for your operational planning and help you set your priorities, product lines, levels of service, and identify your target market
- they enable you to very clearly explain the business to employees, contractors, stakeholders in the business, strategic partners, and customers
- they allow you to get a clear picture of the difference between your current position and where you want to be long-term, and therefore stimulate change in the right direction
- and, they form a basis for accountability of both the staff (especially senior staff) and the plans you make at lower levels, like business and marketing plans
Unfortunately, however, the traditional life-cycle of a strategic plan is this: it is written, read by one or two people, and put in some filing cabinet until it is time to do the next strategic plan. The problem is that it’s just a collection of words on paper. To most people who look at it, it takes a lot of effort to understand it, and even more to implement it. So it just gets forgotten.
Why use Mind Maps?
We use professional mind mapping software to visually brainstorm, organise and present ideas with you and your team.
Strategic plans that are drawn up in Mind Map format are clear and easy to understand. Anyone can see at a glance what the objectives are. They can see the actions that are planned in order to meet those objectives. They understand why those actions are necessary. The document becomes something that is adopted by the whole organisation because they can all easily understand how it benefits both the company and themselves.
Strategy sessions offer visual insight. They help responsible persons understand and prioritise their individual tasks to achieve collective objectives.
Mind mapping techniques are more productive. Defined tasks are layered within your organisation turning ideas into actions much faster than traditional reporting methods.
- Visualise ideas and concepts
- Turn brainstorming sessions into action plans
- Run strategy meetings more effectively
- Create work breakdown structures, Gantt chart and timelines
- Collaborate better with team member and clients
- Deliver interactive reports, strategies and marketing plans
- Link KPI’s to strategy
- Easily monitor performance